AHS Faculty vs Students Basketball Game

April 3, 2015

At the start of the tip off, the roar of the crowd rumbles as the students win the ball. SCORE! First basket of the game goes to the seniors. It appeared as though the students would gain victory over the teachers for the first time in years. It was a game of runs. Following a basket made by students, the teachers would make one. While the students were not getting the calls from the refs that they had hoped for, they continued to work hard to stay in the game.

Tied game in the fourth quarter, both teams were going back and forth, making competitive shots. The crowd was on their toes hoping that their team would not make a mistake, allowing the opposing team win. After scoring a few more baskets a piece, the game was tied once again at the end of the game. Two more minutes running clock was added for over time. THREE POINTER! The crowd roared yet again, after senior class president, Dujuan Gay made his first three pointer of the game, known as, “The Game Changing Shot!” The students were up and the teachers were struggling trying to catch up. At the sound of the buzzer, the students in the crowd ran up and down, and threw Dujuan up onto their shoulders in triumph for they had defeated the faculty for the first time in years!